Saturday, April 18, 2009

Runaway Slave…..

I heard the voice crying in the wilderness as I ran through the concrete forests escaping from neo-slave masters. Run black man run, it whispered in my ears and motivated me to press on, although the reality of the invisible chains of my 500 years of oppression were tied to a status quo, of middle class ghetto living disguised in an affirmative action farm house, but uncle Toms hat didn’t fit so I ran, saying no to negro, yes to man and the voice whispered, yes you can. I’m running in a Forrest Gump reality of a situational comedy but my drama, Obama!!!! Said the voice but I did not understand but I ran and the voice said you have no choice, but I cant, no yes you can. But if the running will end in a race that I set the pace to lose to a turtle although I am the hare, how dare I run I hear the dogs of the slave master running knowing I will be whipped or mccained, but I have been trained to say although the finish line is surrounded with an improbability of success I just say, Yes I can.
I clinched the half way point in the hilarity of the moment that caused me to realize that my people perish due to a lack of knowledge of self, but the devil in the blue pant suit cant keep up. So I run and the voice grows louder and says YES YOU CAN. I feel the wind on my back and the echo of a pastoral attack yet I forgive and live and move out of the way of the fool with a pulpit as a tool and I hear the cheers of the fans that hear the voice and call me home to freedom, they say, Yes you can, I hear the citizens that used to doubt shout I, see the house on the hill and see the guards changing anticipating my arrival, I hear a nation saying I am the cure for their survival I see my opponents when I look back they are not running anymore I realize that I have left the ground and my feet begin to soar . They see me in Kenya they dance in the streets they see me in Japan in Austrailia in Belize, I see their mouths move but I CAN HEAR THE SOUND BUT THE TIME IS NOW SO MY FEET HIT THE GROUND RUNNING AND I PAUSE AS YOU ENJOY THE CAUSE SO WE CAN CELEBRATE TOGETHER AND SAY AGAIN IN CONFIDENCE OF THE LATEST MIRACLE OF AN UNBELIEVABLE GOD WITH MYSTERIES IN HIS HAND AND I DECLARE WITH YOU, BLACK MAN, WHITE MAN, ASIAN MAN, ARAB MAN, YES WE CAN….

No comments: